Safety In Blunders / Close Toxins 【POETRY】

 Safety In Blunders / Close Toxins

You,
The shield of tears,
Caress my plush cheeks and
Bleed through, soak through, pour through
Pore by trembling pore. Bring your salt to tongue and
Give me kisses to taste.

And you,
The blanket of ocean-deep eyes,
Should I sink or dive?
Will your trembling speak towards fear or ire?
In your plurality of soft rays, your long-held gaze...
Will I- Should I- May I drown? Or yet,
Am I the ocean and you my prey?

And you,
The chattering teeth,
I wish to be your quilt but not your food.
But with the nerves of us two freezing fools,
I worry for too close a cling, lest chatter should bite.
Are we too volatile for purpose?

And you,
The din of a sigh,
May you sparkle in  your small humanity.
I love you. Dear god, I'm sorry I love you.

All of you,
Is the blood we pump our own?
Or do we merely pass this pulse around?
When the heart beats out a sigh, does sight leave our eyes?
Do the teeth brush day-to-day with tears or with laughter
To clean up this muddy storm?
Will this blood spread thin if we grab onto that beat hand in hand?
Or is it I who must just pump harder?

I don't know.
But will you stay?
Will you stay and find out with me?

Comments